Devante is an attractive and urban name for boys. It spiked in popularity in the 1990s because of a band called Jodeci. As of 2021, Devante is a top 5,000 option at rank 5,000.
Meaning of the name Devante:
American: combination name
Origin of the name Devante:
Parents invented the baby name Devante in the twentieth century. They combined the phonetic elements, “da,” “von,” and “tay.” The name became popular throughout the latter half of the twentieth century because of singer DeVante Swing.
Symbolism of the name Devante:
The baby name Devante means “combination name” because American parents combined three phonetic elements to create this option. They put “da,” “von,” and “tay” together to make this attractive and trendy title.
Style of the name Devante:
Gender of the name Devante:
Devante is a modern baby name for boys.
Pronunciation of the name Devante:
Number of syllables in the name Devante:
Emotion evoked from the name Devante:
Devante is a youthful and mischievous name. It is urban and trendy.
Alternative spellings for the name Devante:
Nicknames for the name Devante:
- Von Von
- Tae Tae
Popularity of the name Devante:
The baby name Devante was a top 1,000 option in America from 1991 to 2002. In 1991, it was number 923 and in 2002, 976. Devante was most popular in 1992 on the top 200 list at rank 199.
Related names for the name Devante:
Great middle names for Devante and their meanings:
- Kyrie (the lord)
- Zaiden (increasing, surplus)
- Coleman (burner of charcoal, gatherer of coal)
- Jeffrey (divine peace)
- William (strong-willed warrior, resolute protector)
- Harlem (home on a wooded hill)
- Isaiah (God saves, God is salvation)
- Quinton (queen's settlement)
Famous people with the name Devante:
- Devante Swing (singer, music producer)
- Devante Parker (football player)
- Devante Walden (professional dancer)
- Devante Burey (journalist)
Devantes in popular culture:
- Devante (character from “The Hate U Give”)