Chad has had an interesting run in pop culture. In the 2000 U.S. presidential election, many Florida votes used punch card ballots where incompletely punched holes resulted in partially punched chads: either a “hanging chad”, or a “fat chad” or “pregnant chad”. The aftermath of the controversy caused the rapid discontinuance of punch card ballots in the United States. Keep reading to find out more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Chad:
English: Battle warrior, protector, defender
Origin of the name Chad:
English. From the Old English personal name Ceadda, meaning “battle”, It is also a short form of Charles, Chadd, Chadrick and Chadwick.
Symbolism of the name Chad:
Chad symbolizes protection and strength. Although the name exemplifies a warrior's attitude, there is a softness and caring for the underserved, and for those who cannot protect themselves.
Style of the name Chad:
Gender of the name Chad:
Chad is most often used as a name for baby boys.
Pronunciation of the name Chad:
Syllables in the name Chad:
Emotion evoked from the name Chad:
The name Chad evokes a feeling of protection, strength, and compassion.
Alternative spellings for the name Chad:
No alternative spellings.
Nicknames for the name Chad:
Popularity of the name Chad:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Chad was the 894th most popular boy name in 2020. From 1969 through 1990, Chad never left the top 100 most popular names.
Related names for the name Chad:
Chaz, Chadwick, Chandler, Chance, Charles, Chadd, Chadrick
Great middle names for Chad and their meanings:
- Ansel (follower of a nobleman)
- Dempsey (home strength)
- Emery (proud)
- Finn (fair)
- Grayson (son of the steward)
- Jett (black)
- Lennox (with many elm trees)
- Ryan (little king)
- Weston (West town)
Famous people with the name Chad:
- Chad Michael Murray (actor)
- Chad Robert Kroeger (singer)
- Chad Javon Johnson aka Chad Ochocinco (football player)
- Chad Coleman (actor)
- Chad Allen (actor and LGBT activist)
- Chad Gaylord Smith (drummer)
Chad in movies/pop culture:
- Chad Danforth (character from the “High School Musical” franchise)
- Chad Lee (character from the “Power Rangers” franchise)
- Chad Dylan Cooper (character on “Sonny with a Chance”)
- Chad Shade (character on “The Amazing World of Gumball”)