Weston is a suave and sophisticated name. Hailing from the Anglo-Saxon period, this name has enough cache in contemporary culture to keep your baby boy pointed in the right direction. Weston is the name of a popular indie rock band, and Weston Ludovico is main male character in the young adult novel 100 Days of Sunlight. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Weston:
English: West town, western settlement
Origin of the name Weston:
Weston derives from the Old English words west (meaning “west”) and tūn (meaning “town”).
Symbolism of the name Weston:
Weston originated from the Old English word Westtūn. This word replaced the previous Anglo-Saxon word Wesson. It referred to an enclosure or farm on the western side of a village. One can see the directional influence on other place names like Wessex (meaning West Saxon). Weston first appeared as a surname in the Domesday Book of William the Conqueror. English symbols of the west are the third and fourth (occidental) quadrants of the compass rose.
Style of the name Weston:
Gender of the name Weston:
Weston is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Weston:
Number of syllables in the name Weston:
Emotion evoked from the name Weston:
The name Weston evokes feelings of prominence and purpose.
Alternative spellings for the name Weston:
Nicknames for the name Weston:
Popularity of the name Weston:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Weston was the 104th most popular baby name for boys in 2020.
Related names for the name Weston:
Great middle names for Weston and their meanings:
- Alford (river ford)
- Ambrose (immortal)
- Brody (broad island, deep valley, fort)
- Clark (scribe, scholar, clerk)
- Gerard (brave, strong, hardy)
- Herman (army man)
- Luke (light)
- Orville (gold town)
- Piers (stone, rock)
- Shane (God is gracious)
Famous people with the name Weston:
- Weston Woollard Adams (hockey executive)
- Weston Coppola Cage (son of actor Nicolas Cage)
- Weston Miller Fulton (meteorologist)
- Weston Lewis Gosa (television personality)
- Weston Seth Kelsey (fencer)
- Weston “Wes” Lunt (football player)
- Weston Andrew Valleau Price (dentist)
- Weston Henry Stewart (archdeacon)
- Weston Edward “Wes” Vivian (congressman)
- Weston Robert Yount (son of newscaster Erica Hill)
Weston in popular culture:
- Weston (indie rock band from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania)
- Weston Foods (large consumer products company headquartered in Sydney, Australia)
- Weston Ludovico (main male character in the young adult novel 100 Days of Sunlight by Abbie Emmons)