Weldon is a vintage classic baby boy’s name of English origin. Weldon means “hill near a spring” and comes from Old English. Weldon has the same early 20th century sound as more popular names like Sheldon while still remaining unusual.
Meaning of the name Weldon:
English: hill near a spring
Origin of the name Weldon:
Weldon is a baby boy’s name of English origin that means “hill near a spring”. Weldon derives from an Old English surname.
Symbolism of the name Weldon:
Weldon means “hill near a spring”. A spring is a source of natural groundwater. A spring often symbolizes joy bubbling forward, life, change, and pleasure.
Style of the name Weldon:
Gender of the name Weldon:
Weldon is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Weldon:
Number of syllables in the name Weldon:
Emotion evoked from the name Weldon:
Weldon evokes feelings of hard work and tradition.
Alternative spellings for the name Weldon:
Wheldon, Welden, Weldan
Nicknames for the name Weldon:
Popularity of the name Weldon:
According to the Social Security Administration, Weldon is a popular baby boy’s name. Weldon was in the top 1000 baby names list from 1900 to 1972. It peaked in 1932 at #324.
Related names for the name Weldon:
Great middle names for the name Weldon and their meanings:
- Jonathan (gift of Jehovah)
- Michael (who is like God?)
- Alexander (defending men)
- Christopher (bearer of Christ)
- Nicholas (people of victory)
- Edward (wealthy guardian)
- Arthur (bear)
- Oliver (olive tree)
- Oscar (God spear, deer-lover, or champion warrior)
- Elliot (Jehovah is God)
Famous people with the name Weldon:
- Weldon “Hum” Humble (American NFL football player)
- Weldon Brown (American CFL football player)
- Weldon Irvine (American composer and musician)
- Harry Weldon Kees (American poet)
- Weldon Santos de Andrade (Brazilian footballer)
Weldon in popular culture:
- Weldon (video games, “The Outer Worlds”)
- Weldon (video games, “Animal Crossing” series)
- Jimmy Weldon (television, “Adventures in Odyssey”)