Echo is a unique baby name for girls. It dates back to ancient Greek mythology, as it was the title of a nymph with a speech impediment. As of 2021, Echo is a top 2,400 option for girls.
Meaning and Origin of the Name Echo:
Echo is a variation of the Greek word “echo”. Others believe that “echo” is a Latin term. Echo dates back to the Greek word “eche,” meaning “sound”. Echo was a nymph in Greek mythology. She had a speech impediment from Hera and could only repeat the sayings of others. She was in love with Narcissus, but this love went unrequited. The name “Echo” means “reflected sound”.
Symbolism of the Name Echo:
Echo has the same meaning as the word “echo”. “Echo” translates to “echo” or “reflected sound” in Latin or Greek. It goes back to the ancient Greek term “eche,” meaning “sound”.
Nicknames for the Name Echo:
As a very short name, Echo doesn't have a ton of nicknames to go along with it. If you want to give your child a nickname that's connected to their name, there are a few choices you have. We've compiled them all into this list:
Style of the Name Echo:
Gender of the Name Echo:
Echo is a unique baby name for girls.
Pronunciation of the Name Echo:
Number of Syllables in the Name Echo:
Emotion Evoked From the Name Echo:
Echo feels youthful and natural. It is a wholesome and unique baby name.
Alternative Spellings for the Name Echo:
Popularity of the Name Echo:
Echo was only a top 1,000 baby name for two years in the 1980s. In 1983, it was number 845, and in 1984, 846. As of 2021, Echo is a top 2,400 name. More specifically, it is number 2,322.
Related Names for the Name Echo:
Great Middle Names for Echo and Their Meanings:
- Linnea (lime tree, linden tree)
- Amani (peace, wishes)
- Amore (love)
- Rosamund (horse protection)
- Marie (star of the sea)
- Zara (blooming flower, radiance)
- Annaliese (grace, oath of God)
- Grace (God's grace)
Famous People with the Name Echo:
- Echo Gillette (YouTube star)
- Echo(the high school sweetheart of Bob Dylan, inspiration for the son “Girl from the North Country”)
- Echo Johnson (model)
- Echo (English name of Sanmao, Taiwanese author)
Echos in Popular Culture:
- Echo (character from Greek mythology)
- Echo (character from “Dollhouse”)
- Echo DiSavoy (character from “One Life to Live”)
- Echo Zizzleswift (character from “Mr. Young”)
- Echo (character from DC Comics)
- Echo (character from Daredevil comics)
- Echo Emerson (character from “Pushing the Limits”)
- Echo Skylander (character from “Skylanders Trap Team”)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/Liudmila_Fadzeyeva.