Mauro is a baby boy’s name of Spanish and Italian origin. Mauro is a version of the late Roman name Marius that means “dark-skinned, Moorish” and was given to the Morrocan conquerors of the Iberian peninsula and parts of Italy. Mauro was only briefly popular in the mid-1970s.
Meaning of the name Mauro:
Italian, Spanish: Moorish, dark-skinned
Origin of the name Mauro:
Mauro is a baby boy’s name of Italian and Spanish origin. Mauro means “Moorish, dark-skinned”. It is a variant of the late Roman name Marius.
Symbolism of the name Mauro:
Mauro refers to the Islamic and Morrocan invaders. The invaders brought with them cultural changes and scientific advancements that were felt for centuries.
Style of the name Mauro:
Gender of the name Mauro:
Mauro is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Mauro:
Number of syllables in the name Mauro:
Emotion evoked from the name Mauro:
Mauro evokes feelings of refinement and class.
Alternative spellings for the name Mauro:
Maro, Mowro, Muaro, Mauroh
Nicknames for the name Mauro:
Popularity of the name Mauro:
According to the Social Security Administration, Mauro is a popular baby boy’s name. Mauro appeared in the top 1000 for only one year. In 1974, Mauro was at #999.
Related names for the name Mauro:
Great middle names for the name Mauro and their meanings:
- Jules (youthful, downy-bearded)
- Riley (courageous)
- Elio (sun)
- Dante (enduring)
- Ash (from the ash tree)
- Rowan (rowan tree, little redhead)
- Leonardo (brave lion)
- Hollis (near the holly bushes)
- Mercer (a merchant)
- Lorenzo (from Laurentium)
- Sutton (from the southern homestead)
- Flynn (son of the red-haired one)
- Sullivan (black-eyed one)
Famous people with the name Mauro:
- Mauro Icardi (Argentine footballer)
- Mauro Camoranesi (Italian footballer)
- Mauro Matías Zárate (Argentine footballer)
- Mauro Biello (Canadian soccer player)
- Mauro Cardi (Italian composer)