Qais is an Arabic baby boy’s name that means “role model, measurement, example”. Qais is a variant spelling of Qays but also the official Pashto spelling of the name. Qais is an unusual name in the US and has never appeared in the top 1000 names.
Meaning of the name Qais:
Arabic, Pashto: measurement, role model, example
Origin of the name Qais:
Qais is an Arabic boy’s name meaning “measurement, role model, example”. Qais is the Pashto spelling of the name Qays.
Symbolism of the name Qais:
Qays is the real name of Manjnun, the main character in the poem “Layla and Majnun”. Qays symbolizes the power of the human spirit for desire and longing for the divine as well as love.
Style of the name Qais:
Gender of the name Qais:
Qais is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Qais:
Number of syllables in the name Qais:
Emotion evoked from the name Qais:
Qais evokes feelings of wisdom and leadership.
Alternative spellings for the name Qais:
Qays, Kais, Kays
Nicknames for the name Qais:
Popularity of the name Qais:
According to the Social Security Administration, Qais is an uncommon boy’s baby name. Qais or the more common spelling Qays have never appeared in the top 1000 names.
Related names for the name Qais:
Great middle names for the name Qais and their meanings:
- Khalil (friend)
- Malik (king, wave)
- Zayd (increase, growth)
- Imran (prosperity)
- Zayn (beauty, grace)
- Samir (a friend to talk with in the evening)
- Hisham (generous)
- Rami (wise protector)
Famous people with the name Qais:
- Imru' al-Qais (6th century Arabic poet)
- Qays ibn Sa'd (Islamic general and companion of the prophet Muhammad)
- Zuhayr ibn Qays (Islamic leader and companion of the prophet Muhammad)
- Ahnaf ibn Qais (Arabic leader)
Qais in popular culture:
- Qais Abdur Rashid (Arabic folk hero)
- Umm Qais (Jordanian city near the border)
- Qays (12th-century poem “Layla and Majnun” by Nizami Ganjavi)