Baked potato skins are great with a steak, and also work well as an appetizer for parties. If you want to kick it up a notch, add some mild or hot salsa on top of the potato.
Baked Potato Skins Recipe
4 large baking potatoes, baked
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
4 green onions, sliced (optional)
1. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp and discard (or save for another recipe), leaving 1/4-inch shell.
2. Place skins on a greased baking sheet.
3. Combine oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper and brush all over potato skins.
4. Bake at 475° for about 8 minutes and turn over. Bake for another 8 minutes then turn right side up.
5. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar evenly inside of skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
6. Top with sour cream and onions, if desired. Serves 8.
Other Great Potato Ideas
After trying this delicious baked potato skins recipe, give some of these other potato ideas a shot! Potatoes are cheap and easy to come by, so they're a great choice for a side dish for your dinners. Try each of these ideas out!
A lot of people have made their own mashed potatoes, but you should try making mashed sweet potatoes! Kids will likely prefer sweet potatoes due to their sweeter taste, making this an easy way to get them to eat something healthy. If you really want to kick up the sweetness, include some marshmallow in the recipe!
Another great potato idea is to make truly loaded baked potatoes. Put everything you can and want into it. Sour cream, chives, bacon, cheese, whatever else your heart desires! There's nothing better than a great loaded baked potato. If they're big enough, you can even make it a main course!
One final idea is to try making your own French fries. With the advent of the air fryer, you don't need to use hot oil to make French fries any longer. For many people, that was the hold up when it came to making their own French fries. Grab some potatoes and get chopping!