From Neptune to Dylan, this list of boy names that mean “ocean” is lengthy and filled with some delightful options. Peruse the list, which includes the meaning of the names as well, and see if one works well for your hopes and visions for your son.
RELATED: Baby Names That Mean Ocean
- Arnav Arnav is a Hindi name for boys. With strong popularity, the name means “ocean”.
- Bedo Bedo is a simple boy's name with Welsh origins. It is perfect for a strong baby boy as it means “great lord or sea lord”.
- Cormorant Cormorant is a unique English from Latin name. Fitting for parents who wish for their baby boy to stand out, the name means “sea raven”.
- Delmar Delmar is backed by Spanish origins, but it crosses the cultural line well. It means “of the sea”.
- Delmore Delmore is a nice French name. Meaning “of the sea”, it comes with a cool nickname of “Del” like most given names that begin the same way.
- DylanDylan, with Welsh origins, is a unisex option that has a strong feel when used for boys. It means “son of the sea”.
- Gyatso Gyatso is a powerful name found in Tibetan Buddhism. This meaningful name is added on to each Dalai Lama, and it means “ocean”.
- Havelock Havelock has a slightly romantic feel to it that's still masculine, and it stems from Scandinavian culture. It means “sea competition”.
- Hurley Hurley, with Irish origins, can usually be found as a surname yet works well as a given name. It means “sea tide”.
- IrvingIrving is a pleasing, classic Scottish name. This has a slightly hipster feel to it thanks to its vintage roots, and it means “green river, sea friend”.
- Kainalu Kainalu is a bold Hawaiian name for boys. This nature name means “ocean that billows”.
- Kaito Kaito is a smooth-sounding Japanese name. It means “sea; ocean”.
- MalikMalik is a unique option from Arabic and Greenlandic roots. It means “king; wave”, making it work well for parents that want a spin on the typical ocean-based names.
- Marino Marino is a Latin name that works as an Italian given name and surname. This means “of the sea”.
- Marvin Marvin is a Welsh name that has a cool vintage vibe. Meaning “sea hill”, it works as a trendy option.
- Merlin Merlin is a strong Welsh name. It is ideal for parents seeking a fantastical name that means “sea fortress”.
- Meriadeg Meriadeg is a unique name for boys with Breton roots. It means “sea brow”, and it comes with a cute nickname for baby boys: “Merry”.
- Morrisey Morrisey is a cool name for boys with Irish origins. This stylish name means “sea taboo”.
- Murphy Murphy is a common Irish family name that easily crosses over into a fashionable given name. It works for a strong baby boy as it means “sea warrior”.
- Neptune Neptune is a robust name for boys. It represents the Roman mythological god of the sea.
- Pelagios Pelagios is a distinct Greek name. Meaning “from the sea”, it has a great classic feel to it that comes with modern nicknames such as “Gus” or “Pel”.
- Takumi Takumi is a compelling Japanese name for boys. It means “artisan; skillful; open ocean”.
- Varuna Varuna is a wonderful Hindu name. It works for parents who seek something strong as it is the name of the god of water and the ocean.
- Zale Zale is a Greek name that sounds sharp and attractive. It means “sea-strength”.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!