Chicken and Broccoli Braid
2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped sweet red pepper
2 teaspoons dill weed
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup reduced fat mayonnaise
¼ cup reduced fat plain yogurt
2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced fat crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 Tablespoon slivered almonds
1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
2. Stir in mayonnaise and yogurt.
3. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; press together, forming a 15 in. x 12 in. rectangle. Seal seams and perforations. Spoon filling lengthwise down the center third of dough.
4. On each long side, cut dough 3 in. toward the center at 1½ in. intervals, forming strips. Bring one strip from each side over filling; pinch ends to seal. Repeat. Pinch ends of loaf to seal.
5. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through.
Yield: 8 servings
1 slice equals:
16 g fat (5 g saturated fat)
40 mg cholesterol
723 mg sodium
28 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
19 g protein
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Cesarz/Shutterstock.com.