Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice
This crock pot chicken and rice recipe is a favorite with the kids in our house, there are never any leftovers and it’s a very easy dish to make. Enjoy!
Chicken and Rice in the Crock Pot
2 cans 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 cups long grain brown rice
12 chicken tenders (thawed from fresh, not breaded)
2 packages dry onion soup mix
1 Tablespoon whole thyme, crushed
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Empty canned soup into a measuring cup, and add water to equal 2 ½ cups for each can of soup (total 5 cups liquid).
2. Heat the olive oil in pan, add rice until it begins to crackle, but not brown. Remove pan from heat.
3. Mix together the dry onion soup packages, thyme, salt and pepper.
4. Place the rice at the bottom of the crock pot. Layer the chicken tenders on top of the rice. Combine the onion soup – thyme mixture with the cream soup and water mixture, add to the crock pot with the chicken tenders.
5. Cook on high 4 hours or 8 hours on low.