Last Updated on
French Quarter Green Bean Casserole
French Quarter Green Bean Recipe
3 (9 ounce) package frozen French−style green beans
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (2 1/2 ounce) package slivered almonds
1. Cook green beans according to package directions; drain.
2. Melt butter in a Dutch oven; add soup and cream cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
3. Remove from heat; stir in green beans, onion flakes, water chestnuts, garlic salt, pepper, and shredded Cheddar cheese.
4. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 1 3/4−quart casserole. Top with almonds; sprinkle with paprika.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes.