Mamie Eisenhower Chocolate Fudge Recipe
4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. butter
1 can evaporated milk
Pinch of salt
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate bits
12 oz. German sweet chocolate
1 pint marshmallow cream
2 cup chopped nutmeats
1. Heat the sugar, butter, salt and evaporated milk over low heat, stirring until the chocolate dissolves.
2. Bring to a boil, and boil for six minutes.
3. Put the chocolate bits, German chocolate, marshmallow cream and nutmeats into a heat resistant bowl.
4. Pour the mixture you’ve been boiling over the ingredients you’ve just placed in the bowl.
5. Beat until the chocolate has melted, and then pour it all into a pan. Let it stand for a few hours before cutting it into fudge sized pieces.