From Aleksy to Darek to Marcin, this list of Polish baby names for boys is filled with both unique and popular options. Peruse the list and find a name for your son that will inspire a wonderful life!
RELATED: Polish Baby Names We Love!
- Aleksy Aleksy is a reliable Polish name for a boy. It means “defender.”
- Alojzy Alojzy is the sort of Polish name you give a boy born on a momentous day of some conflict. While the name means “famous battle,” it might also be chosen to honor a difficult delivery of the child. The name is pronounced “a-LOI-zi.”
- Apolinary Apolinary is a mighty Polish boy's name. It means “strength.”
- Anatol Anatol is a relieving boy's name from Polish. It means “sunrise,” a symbol long regarded as the ending of darkness and the beginning of a new era.
- Bonifacy Bonifacy is a Polish boy's name that brims with positivity. The name means “good fate” and may be chosen out of sheer hope and optimism or because the boy was born on a momentous day, possibly even out of a sense of irony if that day was Friday the 13th.
- Borys Borys is the sort of Polish name that suits two very different types of boy. This name can mean either “short” or “wolf,” making it suitable for undersized boys or boys with a ravenous hunger.
- Darek Darek is a well-meaning boy's name from the Polish language and may overlap with the English name Derrick. The name means “to possess good” and might be the perfect name for the son of a less-than-ideal man.
- Felicjan Felicjan is a Polish name for favored boys. It means “lucky” and is pronounced “feh-LYEE-tsyan.”
- Gawel Gawel is the sort of Polish name you give to a boy who does everything early. The name means “rooster,” an animal long-associated with the early sunrise. It is pronounced “GA-vew”
- Hipolit Hipolit is a rather unique Polish boy's name. It means “freer of horses,” an epithet that is so unique it will surely inspired the boy to come up with his own reasoning for being given such a name. If nothing else, it makes for a great name for any boy interested in racing, due to the unit of measurement known as “horsepower.”
- Iwo Iwo is a short Polish boy's name. Iwo is the Polish word for “yew,” an evergreen tree. It should be pronounced “EE-voh.”
- Jacek Jacek is a florid boy's name from Poland. The name means “hyacinth,” a perennial variety of flower known to grow atop bodies of water.
- Kondrat Kondrat is a wise boy's name from the Polish language. It means “brave counsel.”
- Kuba Kuba is the sort of Polish boy's name you give to someone who will take care of matters where others have failed. The name means “supplanter,” a person who takes over a role, replacing the previous holder of that role.
- Leslaw Leslaw is a Polish name of renown among boys. The name literally just means “gloy” and is pronounced “LEH-swaf.”
- Lew Lew is a Polish name for boys that will do great things. The name itself means “lion” and is pronounced “Levh”
- Marcin Marcin is the perfect Polish name for any boy. You would be hard-pressed to find a name more synonymous with boys than this one, which means “male.”
- Maurycy Maurycy is the perfect Polish name for a POC boy. Considering the overwhelmingly light skin tone of most Poles, this name stands out because it means “dark-skinned.” It is pronounced close to the name Morrissey, “mow-RI-tsi.”
- Mieczyslaw Mieczyslaw is an ancient Polish boy's name that represent how honor and renown used to be won in its contemporary days. The name means “sword glory” and is pronounced “myeh-CHI-swaf.”
- Nikodem Nikodem is quite the Polish boy's name with mass appeal. It means “victory of the people” and could be quite viable for the name of a future elected official.
- Olek Olek is an upstanding Polish name for a boy. The name means “defender of man” and could make an amazing name for a future defense attorney or civil servant.
- Piotr Piotr is a rough yet sturdy Polish name for boys. The name means “stone” and is likely derived from Peter, the apostle whom Jesus said would form the rock of his church.
- Stanislaw Stanislaw is a glorious name for Polish boys. The name means “become glory” and could be considered quite an aspirational declaration when your boys asks what his name means.
- Tymon Tymon is a great Polish name for any respectable boy. The name means “to honor.”
- Wit Wit is a Polish boy's name with some vibrant duality to its meaning. While this name looks like the English word for a keen intellect, it actually means “life” in Polish. Also, because this is a Polish name, it should actually be pronounced “VYEET.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!