At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Roast Beef with Garlic Crust Recipe
If you’re a garlic fan then you need to try this garlic crust roast beef recipe. Garlic adds so much unique flavor to any dish. In this case it’s the oils from the garlic that steal the show.
Garlic not only is pleasing to the palette it also possesses a ton of health benefits from cardiovascular, anti-inflammatory to preventing weight gain. Studies have shown that onions and garlic can even help protect against cancers. This wonder bulb is native to central Asia and has been used for centuries for medicinal purposes. Enjoy this roast with its crunchy garlicky crust, just don’t forget the mints afterwards.
1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) chuck eye, rolled cross rib or prime rib roast
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Wipe roast and place on roasting rack. Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic. Sauté 2 minutes pressing juice from garlic into oil. Discard garlic.
2. Mix in bread crumbs, parsley, salt and black pepper.
3. Press mixture onto roast, coating well. Insert roast thermometer in thickest portion of muscle.
4. Roast at 325 degrees F until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F for rare (18 to 20 minutes per pound) or 160 degrees F for medium (20 to 22 minutes per pound) or 170 degrees F for well done (22 to 24 minutes per pound).
5. Remove from oven; allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
The garlic-crumb coating helps keep juice inside the meat. It can be used on rump roasts or any other cut of meat with very little fat covering.