11/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1 can (about 15 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
8 ounces tomato sauce
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 package (6 ounces) corn bread mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Combine chicken, beans, tomato sauce, bell pepper and barbecue sauce in microwavable 8-inch baking dish.
4. Loosely cover chicken mixture with plastic wrap or waxed paper.
5. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) 8 minutes or until heated through, stirring after 4 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, prepare corn bread mix according to package directions. Spoon batter over chicken mixture.
7. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of corn bread layer comes out clean. Serves 8.