1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
4 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed challah or other egg bread (about 8 ounces)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, tossing gently to coat.
3. Spoon mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Cover with foil; chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
5. Place dish in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve each bread pudding piece warm with about 1 tablespoon syrup and 1 1/2 teaspoons pecans.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),