Fried okra is a dinner time favorite in many Southern homes. The combination of flour and cornbread give this fried okra a tasty outer layer that keeps the okra from becoming limp, even after cooking.
1 bag frozen cut-up okra
2 cups flour
2 cups cornmeal
salt and pepper
5 eggs, beaten
1. Heat about 1/4-inch of cooking oil in a frying pan.
2. Mix flour and cornmeal together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. dredge okra in beaten eggs, then dredge in flour-cornmeal mixture.
4. Place okra in heated oil and fry on medium heat until golden brown Stir occasionally so all sides are browned.
5. Drain on a paper towel. Serves 6.