Corn Fritters Recipe
1 1/3 cups buttermilk baking mix
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn
1 egg, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups maple syrup
1. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together baking mix and baking powder.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine corn and egg.
3. Combine egg and flour mixture, stir gently.
4. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
5. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil one layer at a time.
6. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
7. Drain fritters on absorbent paper.
8. Serve immediately with maple syrup or molasses.