6 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups dry bread crumbs
12 slices mozzarella cheese
6 cups red sauce
3 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled
3 one-quart freezer bags
1. Rinse and trim chicken as desired. Lay out three shallow dishes. Measure flour into one, eggs into another, and breadcrumbs into the third.
2. Slightly flatten the chicken by laying each piece, smooth side down, on your cutting board, and using the palm of your hand to press down on the thickest part of the chicken. Take one piece of chicken, coat with flour, dip in egg, then coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces. Place coated chicken in one layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. When all chicken is coated, place in the freezer for 1 hour. Discard remaining flour, egg, and breadcrumbs.
4. Into each 1-quart freezer bag, measure 2 cups red sauce. Seal.
5. Divide cheese into three portions of 4 slices each; wrap in plastic wrap. Divide frozen chicken evenly among the 1-gallon freezer bags. Place one bag sauce and one packet of cheese into each bag of chicken. Seal and freeze.
1. Completely thaw one entrée in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. Place chicken in a greased baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Pour red sauce evenly over each piece of chicken and continue baking for 10 minutes longer, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 170°F. Place a slice of cheese on top of each piece of chicken and bake until melted.
Yield: 3 entrees, 4 servings each
Freeze up to: 4 months
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!