Apple Pie Pork Chops
2 Tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
⅓ cup dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons pecans, finely crushed
1. In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. Remove pork chops from pan; keep warm.
4. Add apples, pecans, brown sugar mixture and remaining butter to the frying pan; cook and stir until apples are tender.
5. Serve sauce over the pork chops.
Makes 4 servings.
1 pork chop with ⅔ cup apple mixture equals:
12 grams fat (4 grams saturated fat)
62 mg cholesterol
232 mg sodium
31 grams carbohydrate
4 grams fiber
22 grams protein