1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flour
4 (5 oz. total) chicken breasts, boned, skinless
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken stock, fat skimmed from top
1/2 lemon, juice only
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. Mix together pepper, salt, and flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour.
2. In heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides, then remove and set aside.
3. To skillet, add wine and stir until heated. Add juice, stock, and mushrooms. Stir, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes, until sauce is partially reduced.
4. Return browned chicken breasts to skillet. Spoon sauce over chicken.
5. Cover and cook for about 5–10 minutes or until chicken is done.
6. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup of sauce
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Sodium: 236 mg
Total fiber: 1 g
Protein: 33 g
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Potassium: 348 mg