If you're looking for something hearty, with that stick-to-your-ribs flavor without all the fat and calories, this healthy recipe is a winner. Green beans, egg noodles, lean ground beef, and just a few spices get together for a tasty, comforting meal.
10-ounce package green beans, frozen
½ cup onions, minced
1 pound + 6 ounces lean ground beef
6¾ cups yolk-free noodles, uncooked
2 cups cold water
2 cubes beef bouillon
⅓ cup flour
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1. Cook green beans according to package directions, set aside.
2. Place onions and ground beef in skillet. Cook over medium heat; stir occasionally. Cook until beef no longer remains pink, about 5 to 10 minutes. Drain fat off.
3. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
4. Combine cold water and flour; stir until smooth. Add flour mixture and beef bouillon cubes to ground beef. Cook, stirring frequently until mixture has thickened and bouillon cubes have dissolved, about 4 minutes.
5. Add cooked green beans, cooked noodles, pepper, parsley flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder to ground beef mixture; stir to combine.
6. Place beef mixture in 8x12 inch baking pan; cover and bake in 350 degrees F oven until thoroughly heated, about 15 minutes.
Makes 4 Servings, about 1½ cups each
Total fat 22 grams
Saturated fat 8 grams
Cholesterol 120 milligrams
Sodium 405 milligrams