Healthy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
If you love potatoes, but you’re tired of making them the same way you always have, give our healthy recipe for scalloped potatoes a try some night soon.
You’ll be surprised by how easy and elegant they are. You can pair these potatoes with chicken, beef or pork; they’re an excellent addition to any meal.
2 pounds potatoes
2 Tablespoons margarine
1 cup onions, sliced
3 Tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups whole milk
1. Wash potatoes; peel and slice into thin slices.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of margarine in heavy, deep skillet. Remove skillet from heat; spread half of potato slices in skillet.
3. Cover potatoes with onions. Sprinkle half of flour and pepper over potato mixture.
4. Add remaining potato slices, flour, and pepper. Cut 1 tablespoon of margarine into small pieces and place on top of potato mixture.
5. Pour milk over potato mixture; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Makes 4 Servings, about 1-1/2 cups each
Total fat 10 grams
Saturated fat 4 grams
Cholesterol 17 milligrams
Sodium 139 milligrams