4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4 Tablespoons butter, softened, divided
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
½ teaspoon dried sage
¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 ¼ teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
1 ¼ cups hot water
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons white wine
½ pound broccoli florets
garlic powder for broccoli
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Flatten chicken to ¼ inch thickness.
2. In a skillet, cook chicken in oil and 1 Tablespoon butter 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
3. Meanwhile, combine rosemary, sage, salt, pepper and 1 Tablespoon butter.
4. Unroll pastry sheets; cut each into a 9 inch square (discard scraps).
5. Place a chicken breast half on each square, spread chicken with butter mixture. Fold pastry over chicken.
6. Trim off excess pastry, pinch seams to seal.
7. Place on a greased baking sheet, brush with egg. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. While chicken is baking, dissolve bouillon in hot water.
9. In a saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in bouillon and wine.
10. Bring mixture to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
11. Cook broccoli florets according to package directions, lightly coat with butter and sprinkle with garlic powder. Serve with the Chicken Wellington. Makes 4 servings.