1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar (1 pound 10 ounces) chunky pasta sauce, divided
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1 pound fresh or thawed frozen bread dough
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and brown chicken.
3. Remove chicken from skillet and let cool; pull into large shreds.
4. In medium bowl, combine chicken, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese and parsley; set aside.
5. On greased jelly-roll pan, press dough to form 12×10-inch rectangle. Arrange chicken mixture down center of dough.
6. Cover filling bringing one long side of dough into center, then overlap with the other long side; pinch seam to seal.
7. Fold in ends and pinch to seal. Arrange on pan, seam-side down. Gently press in sides to form 12×4-inch loaf.
8. Bake 30 minutes or until dough is cooked and golden.
9. Cut stromboli into slices. Heat remaining pasta sauce and serve with stromboli. Serves 6.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!