Italian Chicken Parmesan Stromboli
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar (1 pound 10 ounces) chunky pasta sauce, divided
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1 pound fresh or thawed frozen bread dough
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and brown chicken.
3. Remove chicken from skillet and let cool; pull into large shreds.
4. In medium bowl, combine chicken, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese and parsley; set aside.
5. On greased jelly-roll pan, press dough to form 12×10-inch rectangle. Arrange chicken mixture down center of dough.
6. Cover filling bringing one long side of dough into center, then overlap with the other long side; pinch seam to seal.
7. Fold in ends and pinch to seal. Arrange on pan, seam-side down. Gently press in sides to form 12×4-inch loaf.
8. Bake 30 minutes or until dough is cooked and golden.
9. Cut stromboli into slices. Heat remaining pasta sauce and serve with stromboli. Serves 6.