Brantlee is a cheerful and uplifting baby name. Known for its contemporary spelling and rise in popularity during the 2010s, Brantlee also retains the robustness of its Old High German roots. In addition, the name has risen in relevance in popular culture. Brantlee is the name of a character in The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks, and Brantlee Spondoon is a favorite character in the Star Wars series. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Brantlee:
Germanic: Fiery meadow
Origin of the name Brantlee:
Brantlee is an alternative spelling of Brantley. This name entered the English language via the German surname Brändle. It ultimately derives from the Old High German root brant (meaning “fire”) and the suffix leah (meaning “meadow,” “field,” or “pasture”).
Symbolism of the name Brantlee:
Brantlee is a modern variation of the name Brantley (meaning “fiery meadow”). This name entered English through the German surname Brändle and features the Germanic root brant (meaning “fire”). Some linguists theorize that this surname referred to the occupations of fire-branding or blacksmithing. In this context, the symbol of Brantley is the rod of forged steel.
Style of the name Brantlee:
Gender of the name Brantlee:
Brantlee is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Brantlee:
Number of syllables in the name Brantlee:
Emotion evoked from the name Brantlee:
The name Brantlee evokes feelings of brilliance and brightness.
Alternative spellings for the name Brantlee:
Nicknames for the name Brantlee:
Popularity of the name Brantlee:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Brantlee was the 1,381st most popular baby name for boys in 2020.
Related names for the name Brantlee:
Great middle names for Brantlee and their meanings:
- Ashton (ash tree town)
- Carver (sculptor, sawyer, cutter)
- Denis (devoted to Dionysus)
- Denver (green valley)
- Ethan (solid, enduring, firm)
- Hiram (high-born, benevolent, exalted brother)
- Kendrick (chief, hero, royal power)
- Malachi (messenger of God)
- Noah (rest, repose, respite)
- Soren (stern, serious)
- Tyler (maker of tiles, roof builder)
Famous people with the name Brantlee:
- Brantlee Howard (golfer)
- Brantlee Kirkland (actor)
- Brantlee Spakes Richter (pathologist)
- Brantlee Aaron Reynolds (public figure)
- Brantlee Vickers (animal rights activist)
Brantlee in popular culture:
- Brantlee (character in The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks)
- Brantlee Spondoon (character in the Star Wars series)