Devin is a unisex Irish baby name that means “poet”. Devin was most popular for both boys and girls between the late 80’s and early 00’s.
Meaning of the name Devin:
Origin of the name Devin:
Devin is a unisex Irish baby name that means “poet”. Devin is an Irish surname derived from Ó Dubháin.
Symbolism of the name Devin:
To the ancient Celts poets were more than merely those inclined to writing verse. Poets were respected figures who had the official duties to record stories, histories, and genealogies. They also composed poems to spread these tales.
Style of the name Devin:
Gender of the name Devin:
Devin is a great name for both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Devin:
Number of syllables in the name Devin:
Emotion evoked from the name Devin:
Devin evokes feelings of creativity and charisma.
Alternative spellings for the name Devin:
Devan, Deven, Devon, Devyn
Nicknames for the name Devin:
Popularity of the name Devin:
According to the Social Security Administration, Devin is a popular unisex baby name. As a boy’s name Devin has been in the top 1000 names since 1957 and was in the top 100 from 1987 to 2005. As a girl’s name it was in the top 1000 names between 1978 and 2005.
Related names for the name Devin:
Great middle names for the name Devin and their meanings:
Famous people with the name Devin:
- Devin Faraci (American film critic)
- Devin Thomas (American football player)
- Devin Toner (Irish rugby player)
- Devin McCourty (American football player)
- Devin Smith (American basketball player)
Devin in popular culture:
- Devin (television, “Once Upon A Time”)
- Devin (television, “The Twilight Zone”)
- Devin LeSeven (television, “Big Mouth”)
- Delancy Devin (film, “Barbie: Princess Charm School”)
- Devin Bautista (video game, “Star Citizen”)