The baby name Giuliana is the feminine form of Giuliano. These names date back to popular Roman names like Julius, Julian, and Juliana. Currently, Giuliana is a top 700 option.
Meaning of the name Giuliana:
Italian: youthful, downy-haired
Origin of the name Giuliana:
Giuliana is the feminine form of the baby name Giuliano. Giuliano is the Italian version of Iulianus, which formed Julian. Ultimately, then Giuliana is the Italian variation of Juliana.
Symbolism of the name Giuliana:
The baby name Giuliana has the same meaning as Julian, Juliana, and Giuliano. These all go back to the ancient Roman name Iulianus, which came from Julius. Julius comes from the Greek word “ioulos.” “ioulos” translates to “downy-haired.”
Style of the name Giuliana:
Gender of the name Giuliana:
Giuliana is an international name for girls.
Pronunciation of the name Giuliana:
Number of syllables in the name Giuliana:
Emotion evoked from the name Giuliana:
Giuliana is international and refined. It is formal and mature.
Alternative spellings for the name Giuliana:
Nicknames for the name Giuliana:
Popularity of the name Giuliana:
Giuliana became a top 1,000 name in 2007 at rank 903. It was most popular as a top 300 option in 2012 at number 296. As of 2020, Giuliana is a top 700 option at rank 699.
Related names for the name Giuliana:
Great middle names for Giuliana and their meanings:
- Sophia (wisdom)
- Grace (God's grace)
- Mae (goddess of the spring, to increase)
- Rose (rose, a flower)
- Cara (friend, darling, beloved, loved one)
- Esme (esteemed, loved)
- Celeste (heavenly, celestial)
- Marie (star of the sea)
Famous people with the name Giuliana:
- Giuliana Rancic (TV host, “Fashion Police”)
- Giuliana de Sio (actress, “The Pool Hustlers”)
- Giuliana Jakobeit (actress, “Pirates of the Carribbean”)
- Giuliana Camerino (fashion designer)
- Giuliana Calandra (actress, “Trainer on the Beach”)
- Giuliana Penzi (ballerina)
Giulianas in popular culture:
- “Giuliana and Bill” (name of a reality TV show