Guido is a strong baby name for boys. Also, Guido is a name with two different origins. Keep reading to learn more about the name.
Meaning of the name Guido:
Italian for “guide, leader”.
Origin of the name Guido:
Guido is a baby name that is a Latinized version of “Wido”, an Old German name. That gives Guido both Latin and Old German roots.
Symbolism of the name Guido:
As a baby name, Guido can symbolize someone who is in charge, a leader of sorts. Guido is also a name that represents strength as well as power.
Style of the name Guido:
Gender of the name Guido:
Guido is a baby name reserved for boys.
Pronunciation of the name Guido:
GWEE-do, GWEE-doe, or GEE-do
Number of syllables in the name Guido:
Emotion evoked from the name Guido:
Guido is a simple name that feels refreshing and charming.
Alternative spellings for the name Guido:
There are no popular alternative spellings of the baby name Guido.
Nicknames for the name Guido:
The baby name Guido does not have any well-known nicknames associated with it.
Popularity of the name Guido:
Guido has seen some moderate popularity in the early 1900s. With data from the Social Security Administration, it’s known that Guido ranked as high as #525 in 1913 on the top 1000 list of popular baby names.
Related names for the name Guido:
Great middle names for Guido and their meanings:
- Luca (man from Lucania)
- Mateo (gift of God)
- Lorenzo (from Laurentium)
- Rocky (rock or rest)
- Aldo (old and wise)
- Paolo (small)
- Luigi (renowned warrior)
- Dante (enduring)
Famous people with the name Guido:
- Guido Wieland (Austrian actor)
- Guido Migliozzi (Italian golfer)
- Guido Reni (Italian painter)
- Guido Cagnacci (Italian painter)
- Guido Alvarenga (Paraguayan footballer)
- Guido Cantz (German TV presenter)
- Guido Guerrini (Italian rally driver)
- Guido Pella (Argentine tennis player)
Guidos in movies/pop culture:
- Guido (character in the “Cars” franchise)
- GuidoCortese (character in the short story “Transformation” by Mary Shelley)
- Guidocharacter in “The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers”)
- Guido(comic book character created by Australian comedians Moclair and Schiller)
- Guido(real name of Strong Guy, a character in the Marvel Comics universe)
- Guido (character in the “Myth Adventures” fantasy series by Robert Asprin)