Trinity is a virtue name for baby girls that has become quite popular since 1999. While it's typically a name rooted in the Christian faith, a popular sci-fi movie helped propel it onto the list of the top 100 names for baby girls in the United States. It evokes sweet, wholesome images, and pairs well with one-syllable and other classic middle names.
Meaning of the name Trinity:
Latin: Three, triad
Origin of the name Trinity:
The baby name Trinity was born from the Latin word “trinitas,” which means three or a triad.
Symbolism of the name Trinity:
In the Christian faith, the Trinity represents the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Style of the name Trinity:
Gender of the name Trinity:
Trinity is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Trinity:
Number of syllables in the name Trinity:
Emotion evoked from the name Trinity:
Because of its close association with Christianity, the baby name Trinity often evokes images of someone who is wholesome and has good moral values.
Alternative spellings for the name Trinity:
Nicknames for the name Trinity:
Popularity of the name Trinity:
While Trinity made a few appearances on the list of top 1,000 baby names for girls in the United States during the 1970s, it really rose to popularity in 2000. From 2000 to 2012, it appeared in the top 100 baby names for girls, according to the Social Security Administration. As of 2020, it ranks at number 228.
Related names for the name Trinity:
Great middle names for Trinity and their meanings:
- Maeve (intoxicating)
- Rose (flower)
- Grace (God's grace)
- Sage (wise)
- Elizabeth (pledged to God)
- Claire (bright and clear)
- Harper (harp player)
- Catherine (pure)
- Ruth (compasionate friend)
Famous people with the name Trinity:
- Trinity McCray Fatu (wrestler)
- Trinity Kardashian Bonet (reality star)
- Trinity Taylor (reality star)
- Trinity Rodman (soccer player)
Trinitys in popular culture:
- Trinity (DC Comics character)
- Trinity (character in “The Matrix” movies)
- Trinityin the book “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest”)
- Trinity Collins (character on the TV show “Trailer Park Boys”)
- Trinity Kwan (character on the “Power Rangers” TV shows)
- Trinity Ashby (character on the TV show “Sons of Anarchy”)