Viraj is a modern Sanskirt name meaning “ruling, sovereign”. It is a modern variant spelling of the name Viraja. Viraj is a powerful, spiritual name due to connections to a Hindu primordial being of the same name.
Meaning of the name Viraj:
Sanskrit: ruling, sovereign, excellence
Origin of the name Viraj:
Viraj is a modern Sanskrit baby name meaning “ruling, sovereign”. Viraj is the modern spelling of the name Viraja. Viraj is also a primordial creator deity known as the second creator in Hinduism.
Symbolism of the name Viraj:
Viraj is a Hindu primordial being that is associated with many symbols including fire, food, and creation. Viraj was the first created being and is the second creator.
Style of the name Viraj:
Gender of the name Viraj:
Viraj is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Viraj:
Number of syllables in the name Viraj:
Emotion evoked from the name Viraj:
Viraj evokes feelings of refinement and authority.
Alternative spellings for the name Viraj:
Nicknames for the name Viraj:
Popularity of the name Viraj:
According to the Social Security Administration, Viraj is an uncommon baby boy’s name. Viraj has never appeared in the top 1000 baby names.
Related names for the name Viraj:
Great middle names for the name Viraj and their meanings:
- Ajay (unconquered)
- Jai (victory)
- Ishaan (the sun)
- Dev (god)
- Ashwin (possessed of horses)
- Kabir (the great)
- Samir (a friend to talk with in the evening)
- Vivek (wisdom, distinction)
- Arje (man of Adria)
- Kali (the black one)
- Kama (love, desire)
- Padma (lotus)
Famous people with the name Viraj:
- Viraj Hari Prashanth (Indian actor)
- Viraj Adhev (Indian actor)
- Prithviraj (Indian politician)
- Prithviraj Sukumaran (Indian actor)
Virajs in popular culture:
- Viraj Dobriyal (television, “Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava?”)
- Viraj Shah (television, “Thomas and Friends”)
- Viraj Aparanji (television, “The Angry Viraj”)