Few things are as beautiful as a clear, star-filled night sky. If you're looking for a name for your child that instills the same dreamy and aspirational qualities as night-time, check out this list of baby names that mean night. From Shadow to Nova and beyond, there are some beautiful options. Take a look!
- IndigoIndigo is a dark, inky blue, the same color of the sky at night. Indigo can be used as a girl or boy name. Nicknames associated with Indigo are Indi.
- Nox Nox is a trendy, unisex name. It is an American origin name. The female version of Nox is Nyx.
- Lynx Lynx is the name of a constellation in the Northern Hemisphere. It is an easily identifiable star. According to mythology, this star is known to be the “keepers of the secrets of the forests.” It's one-syllable, which makes it cool and trendy.
- Lark Lark is a unisex name referring to the bird that only sings at nighttime. The name has American origins. Alternate spellings of this name are Larc.
- NovaNova was traditionally used a a girls' name, but has surged in unisex appeal over the years. A nova is a star that suddenly gets bright and then begins to fade away.
- Moon Moon can be used as a boy or girls' name. The moon is only visible at night. Moon as a first name was made popular by rockstar Frank Zappa who named his daughter, Moon. Moon is also popular as a middle name.
- Vesper Vesper is the perfect Italian name for boy and girl babies. The name means “evening.” It is a great unisex baby name for girls or boys that are born during the evening hours.
- Yo Yo is the perfect name for parents wanting to give their child a first or middle name that means night. It is a Finnish origin name.
- Onyx Onyx is a black gemstone that shines brightly much like stars shine brightly at night. It is the perfect name choice for both boys and girls.
- Shadow Shadow is an original name popular with parents that like nature-inspired names for boys and girls. Shadows are seen during daytime and nighttime hours, but are more mysterious at night.
- Star Stars are associated with nighttime as that is the only time stars can be seen in the sky. Star is a great name for boy and girl babies. With such a unique name, the little one will sure to be the only one in their classroom.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©pixelparticle/Shutterstock.com.