If you're expecting a little boy and you envision of life of intrigue and mystery, you'll likely be looking for a name that strikes that chord. Here is a list of 25 baby boy names that mean dark that will conjure those vibes.
RELATED: Baby Names That Mean Dark
- Caliban Caliban, Romanian for “black”, has a nice ring to it for a strong baby boy.
- ColeCole, meaning “swarthy, coal black”, is a short name yet a recognizable one that feels rich and bold for any little boy.
- ColtonColton, with English origins meaning “from the coal or dark town”, is a fun and trendy name that comes with an adorable nickname for your baby boy: “Colt”.
- Cronan Cronan, meaning “dark one”, is a nice alternative than the usual “Conan”, and offers a more unique flair.
- Dade Dade, with its Gaelic origins meaning “dark one”, also has biblical roots since it can even mean “gift from God,” making the name an attractive religious choice.
- Donovan Donovan, Irish for “dark”, is a firm and unwavering name that has an easy and cute nickname of “Don” for your bouncy baby boy.
- Dooley Dooley, an Irish name for “dark hero”, is a powerful choice that still has a light layer to it, and its rare usage as a given name makes it distinctive.
- Dougal Dougal, meaning “dark stranger”, is a newer-sounding and fashionable given name great for the trendy parents.
- Douglas Douglas, meaning “black water”, has a romantic feel about it in its full state, but looks sweet and charming when the shortened “Doug” is used.
- Doyle Doyle, with Gaelic origins meaning “dark stranger”, is a simple name that feels intuitive and proud.
- Duncan Duncan, Scottish for “dark warrior”, is a classic choice that is perfect for representing a strong, fighter baby.
- Dunstan Dunstan, with English origins for “dark stone”, is commonly a surname, but it has a rareness about it for parents that seek a name that stands out.
- Hadrian Hadrian, Latin for “dark-haired”, is an old-fashioned name that works if you want to pay homage to a parent or relative with the name “Adrian”.
- Hari Hari, a Hindu name meaning “dark, tawny”, is a lovely name that has a more mature feel than the usual “Harry” name.
- Jett Jett, based off the black mineral “jet”, is a cool and simple name that has a bold sound to it.
- Lonan Lonan, with Irish origins for “blackbird”, represents different Irish saints in a way that let's parents explore religious-based names in a unique manner.
- Maurice Maurice, a Latin name meaning “dark-skinned”, is still a trendy name that comes with adorable nicknames from “Reece” to “Mo”.
- Merle Merle, meaning “blackbird”, is a fun given name that has a cute history for being used as a nickname for someone who loved to sing.
- Moreno Moreno, with Spanish and Portuguese roots meaning “dark-haired”, has a fancy appeal that sounds smooth.
- Morris Morris, with English origins meaning “dark-skinned”, is a distinctive name for parents who want something that allows for fun nicknames like “Morrie” and “Moe”.
- Nigel Nigel, Irish for “dark, black-haired”, has a cool British ring to it whether you're from the area or not.
- Orpheus Orpheus, meaning “the darkness of the night”, is a great way to represent Greek mythology with something that is unforgettable.
- Shyam Shyam, Sanskrit for “dark, black, blue”, is an appealing alternative to the name “Krishnu”, the Hindu god.
- Smith Smith, an occupational name for “blacksmith”, is a popular surname, but also makes for a nice first name for a baby boy.
- Tynan Tynan, meaning “dark, dusty”, is a unique given name that feels fresh, especially if you take some cute nicknames from it like “Ty”.
Expecting a daughter? Check out “25 Girl Names That Mean Dark.”