At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Creamy Halibut Enchiladas
4 cups water
2 pounds halibut, cut into 1-inch cubes
6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
⅔ cup fat-free sour cream
4 green onions, chopped
2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
1 (4¼ ounce) can chopped ripe olives, drained
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1½ teaspoons ground cumin
8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
4½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
1½ cups fat-free half-and-half cream
1¼ cups shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack
⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
½ cup salsa
1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Carefully add fish; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; drain well.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, onions, chilies, olives, jalapenos, and cumin. Fold in fish.
3. Place generous ½ cup down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place enchiladas in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Combine flour and cream until smooth; pour over enchiladas.
5. Cover and bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Broil 4 inches from heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with salsa.
Total Fat 16g
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat, ½ fat-free milk