The next time you're asked to bring pasta salad to a party, wow them with this healthy pasta salad recipe. Packed with fresh veggies and tuna, it's a great alternative to the old pasta recipes that are just like all the others. The tuna will give you a little protein lift, which will help keep you full longer, thereby enabling you to avoid overeating the rest of the day. This recipe is great for a work lunch or a healthy dinner if you're in the mood for something light.
Healthy Pasta Salad
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 2 (6½-ounce) cans tuna, canned, water-pack
- ½ cup zucchini, chopped
- ¼ cup carrots, sliced
- ⅓ cup onions, diced
- ¼ cup salad dressing, mayonnaise-type
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
2. Drain tuna.
3. Wash vegetables. Chop zucchini; slice carrots into thin slices; dice onions.
4. Mix macaroni, tuna, and vegetables together in a mixing bowl. Stir in salad dressing.
5. Chill until ready to serve.
Makes 4 Servings, about 1½ cups each
Total fat 13 grams
Saturated fat 2 grams
Cholesterol 25 milligrams
Sodium 360 milligrams
It's just that simple to make a healthy and delicious tuna salad recipe. Feel free to add any additional veggies you'd like or replace the ones that are already there. If you enjoy this recipe, try our Garlic Pasta Chicken Salad, Tortellini Pasta Salad, or Macaroni Salad. With so many different options, there's something that even the pickiest eaters will love.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©gkrphoto/Shutterstock.com.