Last Updated on
Healthy Potato Salad Recipe
Even if the weather isn’t cooperating with you, and you suspect summer just might never arrive, it’ll feel like summer time when you make a batch of our delicious healthy potato salad.
We added sweet pickle relish to give it just a hint of sweetness, and celery for texture and color. Be sure to allow enough time for thorough chilling, and to give the flavors a chance to blend together well.
1 pound (4 medium) potatoes, washed, peeled
1 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup salad dressing, mayonnaise-type
1. Wash potatoes; place in sauce pan. Cover with water and bring to boil. Simmer until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
2. Dice onion and chop celery; combine with pickle relish.
3. Add salad dressing to pickle mixture.
4. Cube potatoes and blend with dressing.
5. Cover and chill several hours.
Makes 4 Servings, 1-1/2 cups each
Total fat 24 grams
Saturated fat 3 grams
Sodium 290 milligrams