This list of Korean baby names for boys is filled with a rich selection of meaningful options. From Ha-joon, which means to “great summer,” to Shi-woo, which means “excellent world,” each name carries tremendous impact while adhering to a traditional Korean style. Take a look!
RELATED: Korean Baby Names We Love!
- Baek-hyeon Baek-hyeon is a Korean name for boys that establishes a bit of pecking order among siblings. The name means “virtuous older brother,” making it perfect for the first child of a multiple birth.
- Beom-seok Beom-seck is the sort of Korean boy's name that makes you think. This name can mean either “rock-patterned” or “everyone flourishes.”
- Chin-hwa Chin-hwa is the sort of Korean name given to boys by parents who hope for success. This name means “the most wealthy.”
- Chul Chul is a simple yet unrelenting Korean boy's name. It means “firm.”
- Do-hyun Do-hyn is a Korean boy's name that should hopefully steer a son in the right lifestyle. The name's actual meaning is “permitted path.”
- Gun-woo Gun-woo is a very humanist Korean name for boys. It means “hope for mankind.”
- Ha-joon Ha-joon is a very timely Korean name for boys. It means “great summer” and could be chosen due to a reminder of when the child was born or conceived.
- Han-gyeol Han-gyeol is a very poignant boy's name from Korea. It can mean either “uniformity” or “a great moment.”
- Hyun-woo Hyun-woo is the sort of Korean boy's name that espouses a higher power. This one name can mean either “manifest” or “divine intervention,” making it a great choice for a child that was birthed despite all odds.
- Jong-woo Jong-woo is a Korean name for reliable boys. The name means both “upstanding friend” and “noble house.”
- Jun-seo Jun-seo is the sort of Korean name given to future male models. The name means both “handsome” and “auspicious.”
- Kwan Kwan is a simple, earthy Korean name for boys. It means “strong.”
- Kyung-won Kyung-won is a well-mannered Korean name for boys. It means both “honored family” and “respect.”
- Min-ho Min-ho is a glistening little Korean name for a lad. It means “bright stone” and “brave and clever”
- Min-joon Min-joon, or Min-jun, is the sort of Korean name given to adaptable boys. It means “clever and talented.”
- Nam-kyu Nam-kyu, or Nam-gyu, is the sort of Korean name given to a boy with direction. The name literally means “southern standard,” making it quite open to interpretation.
- Sang-hoon Sang-hoon, also spelled Sang-hun or Sung-hoon, is the sort of Korean name you might give to a boy of the aristocracy. The name means “still deserving a high rank.”
- Seo-joon Seo-joon is a Korean name for adept boys. The name means “naturally talented. Other acceptable spellings include Seo-jun, Suh-joon and Suh-jun.
- Shi-woo Shi-woo, also spelled Si-woo or See-woo, is a beneficent Korean name among boys. The name means “excellent world.”
- Sung-min – Sung-min, also spelled as Seung-min or Seong-min. is yet another Korean boy's name connected to mental prowess. This name means “bright and clever.”
Meaning: Bright and clever
- Tae-hyun Tae-hyun, also spelled Tae-heyon, is a Korean name for truly exemplary boys. It means “greatest virtue.”
- Won-shik Wonshik, also spelled Won-sik, is the perfect Korean boy's name for a successor. The name means “head of the family.”
- Woo-jin Woo-jin, also spelled as U-jin, is the sort of Korean name given to truly cherished sons. The name means “family treasure.”
- Ye-jun Ye-jun, or Ye-joon, is the sort of Korean name given to boys that can do no wrong. This name means “talented and handsome.”
- Yoo-joon Yoo-joon, also spelled Yu-joon or Yu-jun, is the sort of Korean name given to boys who are likely to make many friends and allies. The name can mean either “tender friendship” or “courageous friend.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!