Lemon Basil Pork Chops
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons lemon juice
¾ cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 teaspoons dried basil
4 boneless pork loin chops (1¼ inches thick)
1. In a shallow dish, combine egg and lemon juice.
2. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, butter, lemon peel and basil.
3. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
4. Place in a 13×9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
Makes 4 servings
1 pork chop equals:
12 grams fat (5 grams saturated fat)
121 mg cholesterol
180 mg sodium
5 grams carbohydrate
2 grams fiber
30 grams protein