From Minh to Ba to Thang, this list of Vietnamese baby names for boys is filled with a variety of options of differing meanings. Explore the meanings of each and marvel at the deep symbolism of each.
RELATED: Vietnamese Baby Names We Love!
- An – This boy's name consists of two words. Together they mean peaceful hero.
- Ba A short male name that represents “three or third”. This is a common description of brothers.
- Bay For a baby boy born in July in Viet Nam, Bay is a common name. It stands for “July”, the 7th month, or the “7th born son”.
- C”ng An interesting name for a Vietnamese boy that means “skillful and industrious”.
- Dai This is a bold boy's name for a baby boy set with a positive future in mind. It means “great”.
- Hoc This short Vietnamese name says it all. “Studious” is the meaning for a special newborn boy.
- Hy Hy represents a “hopeful” male boy from the first day of his birth. This name is common in Asian countries.
- L…nh Some names in Vietnamese have a mixture of letters and symbols. This is one example of a boy's name that means “peaceful”.
- Lam This popular male Vietnamese name is filled with depth. The original translation stands for “fully understand and knowledge”.
- Lap Lap is a male name that means “independent soul”. Parents may see this trait in their newborns right away.
- Long A Vietnamese name that is odd according to meaning. In Chinese, its meaning is “hair” while Vietnamese is “dragon”. It is usually given to males only.
- Minh This male baby name of Vietnamese origin is perfect for a happy boy. It means “bright”.
- Ngai Ngai is a male Vietnamese name that means “herb”. Another similar name is Nghi which has a different meaning of “suspected”.
- Nghia For a future as bright as a newborn baby boy's face. This name translates to “forever”.
- Phong This Vietnamese name can address many types of meanings. “Wind” is the primary translation for a swift or elevated baby boy.
- Phuc This name is also spelled Phuoc, a Vietnamese baby boy would be blessed with this name. “Blessings or luck” are the meaning of Phuc.
- Pin As parents lay out the future for their new baby boy, this original Viet Nam name says it all. Pin translates into “faithful boy'.
- Quan A strong and healthy boy's name, Quan shows everyone what type of man he will be. Used by many Vietnamese parents, it means “soldier, warrior”.
- Son A short boy's name that is easy to remember and say, Son, captures the picture of a “mountain” in its Vietnamese translation.
- Thi This name can also be spelled Thai and is an original name from Viet Nam. Masculine in sex is a popular name that means “many or to multiply”.
- Thang Full of strength, Thang is a male baby name and quite popular. The original meaning is “victorious”.
- Thian Also spelled Thien, this boy's name is indicative of “being smooth”. The country of origin is Viet Nam.
- Tin Originated in Viet Nam, Tin means “thinker”. Another way of spelling is Tinh where it has a different translation of “mindful or aware”.
- Toan This is a positive name for a Vietnamese baby boy. Toan means “complete and secure”.
- Tong This baby boy's name is common in Viet Nam. The original meaning is “fragrant”.
- Tung Tung is a strong male name that signifies “seriousness and dignity”. This is a very respectable name in the Asian community.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!