Spicy Chili Con Queso Dip
This cheesy dip is easy to make and delicious with fresh bites of onion and peppers.
1 ½ cups half-and-half, scalded
½ pound grated Monterrey Jack cheese
½ pound grated sharp process cheese
1 Tablespoon butter
½ onion, minced
1 medium clove garlic, minced
¼ cup dry white wine or low-sodium stock
¼ cup flour
¼ cup water
1- 4 oz. can chopped green chili peppers
1 to 2 Tablespoons chopped jalapeno (more or less depending on taste)
salt and pepper
dash cayenne pepper
1. Pour scalded half-and-half into buttered Crock Pot.
2. Turn to high and stir in cheeses.
3. In small skillet, sauté onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Add wine or stock and stir well.
4. Add to cheese mixture. Combine flour with water and stir in.
5. Cook covered on high for 30 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt.
6. Turn to low and cook about 4 to 6 hours, stirring 2 or 3 times during the first hour and occasionally after that. If the mixture is too thin, mix 2 Tablespoons of flour with 2 Tablespoons of water and add.
Try one of our fan favorite Crock Pot Meals:
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas and Recipes
- 4 to 7 Ingredient Dinner Recipes
- 30 Minute Meals
- Dinner Meal Plans
- Crock Pot Recipes
- Freezer Cooking Recipes
- Easy Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Mama Shirleys Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes
Most Popular Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cowboy Chicken
- Crock Pot Recipes for the Crockpot and Slow Cooker
- Smothered Chicken with Red Potatoes
- Sweet and Sour Crock Pot Chicken
- Basil Garlic Whole Chicken with Vegetables
- Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Farmhouse Chicken and Corn Chowder