Indian inspired saffron rice creates an exotic atmosphere to any meal. Golden hued fluffy rice pairs with a few simple ingredients to create a truly memorable blend of flavors.
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups chicken stock
1 Tablespoon butter (optional)
1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon saffron, crumbled
1. Rinse the rice well, drain.
2. In a medium size saucepan, add the rinsed rice and remaining ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
4. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until stock is absorbed and rice is tender.
5. Fluff with fork and serve. Serves 4.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!