Indian inspired saffron rice creates an exotic atmosphere to any meal. Golden hued fluffy rice pairs with a few simple ingredients to create a truly memorable blend of flavors.
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups chicken stock
1 Tablespoon butter (optional)
1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon saffron, crumbled
1. Rinse the rice well, drain.
2. In a medium size saucepan, add the rinsed rice and remaining ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
4. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until stock is absorbed and rice is tender.
5. Fluff with fork and serve. Serves 4.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.