Easy Saffron Rice Recipe
Indian inspired saffron rice creates an exotic atmosphere to any meal. Golden hued fluffy rice pairs with a few simple ingredients to create a truly memorable blend of flavors.
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups chicken stock
1 Tablespoon butter (optional)
1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon saffron, crumbled
1. Rinse the rice well, drain.
2. In a medium size saucepan, add the rinsed rice and remaining ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
4. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until stock is absorbed and rice is tender.
5. Fluff with fork and serve. Serves 4.