The fifth week of easy dinner recipes includes a variety of tasty dishes your family is sure to love. Included are side dishes and all the recipes to go with the dinner menus.
If you’d like to print the individual recipes (instead of the complete weeks’ worth at one time), the link to each recipe is at the end of that day's recipe.
TUNA WITH GARLIC CHEESE BISCUITS
2 cans (5 oz each) tuna in water, drained, flaked
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained
⅔ cup milk
1 ¼ cups Bisquick
⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
½ cup milk
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. In ungreased 2-quart casserole, mix tuna, soup, vegetables and ⅔ cup milk.
2. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
3. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, cheese and ½ cup milk until soft dough forms.
4. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto hot tuna mixture.
5. Bake uncovered 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
6. Mix butter and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits.
EASY BASIL CREAM CHICKEN
Basil Cream Chicken Ingredients:
¼ cup milk
¼ cup dry bread crumbs
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
3 Tablespoons butter
½ cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup minced fresh basil
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1. Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
2. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs.
3. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in butter for about 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170° Remove and keep warm.
4. Add broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits.
5. Stir in the cream and pimientos; boil and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat.
6. Add Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with chicken.
7. Serve chicken with stuffing (Stove Top or other packaged brand) and broccoli.
BARBECUED BEEF SANDWICHES
Barbecued Beef Ingredients:
½ cup ketchup
3 Tablespoons white vinegar
2 Tablespoons chopped onion
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
¼ teaspoon ground mustard
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 lb. thinly sliced cooked roast beef, cut into 1-inch strips (3 cups)
6 hamburger buns, split
1. In 1-quart saucepan, heat all sauce ingredients to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat.
2. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir beef into sauce. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until beef is hot.
4. Fill buns with beef mixture. Serve with French fries (baked from frozen) and coleslaw.
KFC Coleslaw Recipe Ingredients:
1 cabbage, shredded
¼ cup sugar
1 cup carrots, shredded
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ cup milk
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup buttermilk
½ teaspoon celery seed
2 drops Tabasco
3 Tablespoons onions, dry minced
1. Slice cabbage paper thin, and toss lightly with sugar, shredded carrots.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drench it all with milk. Cover and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise (not salad dressing), buttermilk, celery seed, Tabasco and minced onion.
4. Mix well with cabbage mixture.
5. Refrigerate again at least an hour before serving.
6. Drain some of the dressing first and serve it separately at the table.
Baked Spaghetti Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 (24 ounce) carton ricotta cheese OR cottage cheese
1 pound ground beef
1 (25.75 ounce) jar Italian-Style spaghetti sauce
1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray (coat well).
3. Combine hot cooked spaghetti with butter; stir until butter melts and coats spaghetti.
4. Add ½ cup Parmesan cheese; stir to coat. Arrange spaghetti in an even layer in foil-lined pan.
5. Spread ricotta cheese over spaghetti. Sprinkle with ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
6. Brown ground beef, drain; add pasta sauce and heat until bubbly. Spoon over cheeses.
7. Top with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.
8. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes.
9. Remove foil cover and continue baking 15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with tossed salad and warm Italian bread.
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES
CANDIED SWEET POTATOES
Pork Chops with Apples Ingredients:
4 bone-in pork loin chops (¾ inch thick and 7 ounces each)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 large green apple, cut into thin wedges
1 large red apple, cut into thin wedges
2 Tablespoons honey mustard
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on each side.
2. Season with salt and pepper; remove and keep warm.
3. In the same skillet, sauté onions and apple wedges until crisp-tender.
4. Combine mustard and brown sugar; brush over chops.
5. Return to the skillet; cook for 4 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Candied Sweet Potatoes Ingredients:
1 can (40 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
2 cups miniature marshmallows (optional topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the sweet potato pieces into a lightly buttered 2 quart baking dish.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour evenly over the sweet potatoes.
3. Bake 40 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
4. If you are using the miniature marshmallows as topping, remove the casserole from oven and stir gently to coat potatoes in syrup; then top with the marshmallows.
5. Bake, uncovered, additional 7 to 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are golden brown.
BACON STUFFED HAMBURGERS
PERFECT MASHED POTATOES
Bacon Stuffed Hamburgers:
4 slices bacon
¼ cup chopped onion
1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces, drained and finely chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound bulk pork sausage
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons steak sauce
8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and discard all but 2 Tablespoons drippings.
2. Sauté onions in drippings until tender. Crumble bacon; add with mushrooms to skillet and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, combine beef, pork, cheese, pepper, garlic powder and steak sauce in a large bowl. Shape into 16 patties.
4. Divide bacon mixture and place over eight of the patties. Place remaining patties on top and press edges tightly to seal.
5. Grill over medium heat until well-done (pork sausage in burgers requires thorough cooking).
6. Serve on buns, with lettuce if desired.
Perfect Mashed Potatoes Ingredients:
4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
salt and pepper
2 cups heavy cream
3 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons chopped chives
1. Put the potatoes into a large pot, add 2 Tablespoons salt, and cover with cold water.
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Drain well.
4. Heat the butter and cream in a small saucepan.
5. Mash the potatoes well with a potato masher until smooth and free of chunks.
6. Add the hot cream/butter mixture and season with salt and pepper. Mix well, adding the chives while mixing.
BISCUIT PIZZA CASSEROLE
3 ⅓ cups Bisquick
1 cup milk
2 cans (8 oz each) pizza sauce (2 cups)
1 package (8 oz) sliced pepperoni
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and milk until soft dough forms.
3. Drop half of dough by spoonfuls evenly over bottom of baking dish (dough will not completely cover bottom of dish).
4. Drizzle 1 can pizza sauce over dough. Scatter half of the pepperoni over sauce. Top with 1 cup of the cheese.
5. Repeat layers with remaining dough, pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.