Italian Sausage Manicotti Ingredients:
1 pound spicy Italian sausage
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups ricotta cheese
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
3 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
18 manicotti shells
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, bring tomatoes and marinara sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, chilies, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
4. Divide 2 cups of sauce between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dishes.
5. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with cheese mixture. Place in prepared pans. Sprinkle with sausage; top with remaining sauce.
6. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes.
7. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and manicotti is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
9. Serve with salad and warm buttered Italian Bread.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.