Pierogi Casserole Recipe
Tasting like homemade pierogis from scratch, this recipe takes far less time than making individual pierogis. A hearty belly filling meal, it's perfect by itself or with kielbasa slices to make a full meal.
3/4 lb. lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
3/4 cup butter
5 cups cooked mashed potatoes
12 slices cheddar cheese
2 large onions, minced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook noodles, drain.
2. While noodles are cooking, melt butter and saute the onions until tender.
3. Place half of the cooked noodles in the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish.
4. Layer with 6 slices of cheese, all the cooked mashed potatoes, the remaining noodles, then top with remaining 6 slices of cheese.
5. Poke holes through the top layer of cheese; pour butter and onion mixture over top evenly so it goes through the layers.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned. Serves 6.