6 ounces baby spinach
1 cup water
12 ounce box jumbo shells
15 ounces ricotta cheese, part skim
1 large egg
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 rotisserie chicken, cooked, all meat removed and shredded
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black ground pepper
3 to 4 cups spaghetti sauce
8 ounces shredded Italian cheese blend
Two 8x8x2-inch foil pans
1. In a medium saucepan, boil the spinach with 1 cup of water until wilted. Drain and chop the spinach; set aside.
2. Cook the shells as directed on the package. Drain the shells and place them on a long piece of wax paper to dry.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, Parmesan cheese, chicken, spinach, mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper.
4. Coat the bottom of two 8x8x2-inch pans with sauce.
5. Stuff the shells with the chicken mixture and place them in the pan facing up. Sprinkle all of the stuffed shells with Italian cheese. Wrap the uncooked stuffed shells in plastic wrap and 2 layers of foil. Label with cooking directions.
1. Thaw the pans in the refrigerator at least 24 hours in advance before cooking. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes until bubbly.
Yield: 2 entrees, 4 to 6 servings each
Freeze up to: 3 months
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!