9 pounds boneless country-style ribs
2¼ cups packed brown sugar
3 cups water
¾ cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons minced garlic
3 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled
3 one-quart freezer bags, labeled
1. Divide ribs evenly among the 1-gallon freezer bags.
2. Into each 1-quart freezer bag, measure ¾ cup brown sugar, 1 cup water, ¼ cup soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon garlic. Note in this recipe the sauce is kept separate from the meat. Seal.
3. Place a bag of sauce into each bag of ribs. Seal and freeze.
1. Completely thaw one entrée in the refrigerator.
2. Place the ribs in a large stockpot and cover with water. Set bag of sauce aside.
3. Simmer ribs about 1 hour, or until tender. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4. Drain ribs and place in an ungreased baking dish. Pour sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour, or until sauce is thick and sticky.
Yield: 3 entrees, 4 servings each
Freeze up to: 4 months