9 pounds boneless country-style ribs
2¼ cups packed brown sugar
3 cups water
¾ cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons minced garlic
3 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled
3 one-quart freezer bags, labeled
1. Divide ribs evenly among the 1-gallon freezer bags.
2. Into each 1-quart freezer bag, measure ¾ cup brown sugar, 1 cup water, ¼ cup soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon garlic. Note in this recipe the sauce is kept separate from the meat. Seal.
3. Place a bag of sauce into each bag of ribs. Seal and freeze.
1. Completely thaw one entrée in the refrigerator.
2. Place the ribs in a large stockpot and cover with water. Set bag of sauce aside.
3. Simmer ribs about 1 hour, or until tender. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4. Drain ribs and place in an ungreased baking dish. Pour sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour, or until sauce is thick and sticky.
Yield: 3 entrees, 4 servings each
Freeze up to: 4 months
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.