This healthy recipe for French fires leaves regular French fried potatoes in the dust. They come out of the oven hot, light and crispy, instead of soggy and greasy like the fries from fast food places.
They’re a perfect side dish for any casual meal at home, but would go equally well with a steak or seafood of your choice.
1 1/2 pounds potatoes
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Wash potatoes; cut lengthwise into thin strips.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in plastic bag. Put potatoes in bag; seal; shake to coat potatoes.
4. Arrange potatoes in single layer on baking sheet.
5. Bake until crisp and golden, about 30 minutes.
Makes 4 Servings, about 6 ounces each
Total fat 14 grams
Saturated fat 2 grams
Sodium 156 milligrams