Deep South Chocolate Pecan Pie
Pastry for a 1-crust pie
2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate
3 Tablespoons butter
1 cup light corn syrup
¾ cup white sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
½ cup heavy cream, whipped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in the top part of a double boiler over boiling water.
4. In a small saucepan, boil the sugar and corn syrup together for 2 minutes.
5. Blend the melted chocolate mixture and the syrup mixture and pour over the beaten eggs, stirring constantly.
6. Add the vanilla and pecans. Turn the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
7. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the pie is completely puffed across the top. Remove from oven and cool.
8. Serve topped with whipped cream.
Food and Recipes Menu
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!