4 large green peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 pound ground beef
½ cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (14 ½ ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
2 cups quick cooking rice
1 cup water
1 cup raisins
8 pimento stuffed green olives, chopped
3 tablespoons pine nuts
4 cups marinara sauce
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cook the peppers in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes. Rinse under cold running water and drain.
3. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; heat over medium heat.
4. Add the ground beef, onion, garlic, cumin, and cinnamon. Cook, breaking up the ground beef until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, water, raisins, olives, and nuts. Cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 5 minutes
6. Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper.
7. Arrange the peppers in a small baking dish, spoon marinara sauce over them, and top with the cheese.
8. Bake uncovered, until the filling is hot and cheese has melted, about 15 minutes. Serve with a side salad. Makes 4 servings.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.